cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone else conclude that the STEVAL-MKI109V3 is a P.O.S.?

Roger Lambert
Associate II

The Analog Devices ADXL355 evaluation kit worked right out of the box. I have downloaded at least three installers and five PDFs, and all I have to show for it is a bleeding thumb.

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Roger Lambert​ ,

if one were even able to install just one .exe file, it shouldn't give any problems.

But ok, which specific issue are you facing? Something related to Unico drivers, or something else?

-Eleon

Roger Lambert
Associate II

I was able to install all executables, Eleon, the ensemble just doesn't work.

First, the adapter board in STEVAL-MKI209V1K was too wide for the headers on mother board STEVAL-MKI109V3. The pins were not soldered perpendicularly. Fitting it was hard; refitting it as part of troubleshooting was maddening. Thus, the bleeding thumb, a few bent pins, and the frustration evident in yesterday's post.

Fundamentally, I couldn't establish a connection, illustrated in the enclosed screen shot.

0693W00000BcYciQAF.png 

Each set of instructions referred me to another. I finally gave up after unsuccessful attempts to update the firmware. Fundamentally, STMicro's efforts to make one kit serve every MEMS has produced a user experience that serves none.

Thanks for your response.

-- Roger

Roger Lambert
Associate II

Update:

I figured out how to reflash the motherboard with file ProfiMEMSToolV3.14.5.bin. The Unico GUI continues to malfunction. It usually crashes, almost immediately. I was able to produce the error window every other try yesterday, but this morning it just fails abruptly after each try.

Is there a log file?

-- R.

Roger Lambert
Associate II

0693W00000BcYz3QAF.pngFinal update:

I unchecked the automatic port detection and somehow made the Unico connect. Here's me pounding my desk.

-- R.

That's good @Roger Lambert​ ,

The fact is that -in order to keep this general purpose evaluation board updated-, we periodically release new version of both Unico GUI and the profiMEMS firmware, in order to support the newest products. A periodical FW update is for this reason suggested.

I'm not sure why the automatic port detection prevents the board to be detected form the operating system, but glad to hear you have been finally able to connect it and make it working.

-Eleon