cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Unicleo-GUI work with NUCLEO-F767ZI + X-NUCLEO-IKS4A1?

qs202310
Associate

I plan to purchase NUCLEO-F767ZI & X-NUCLEO-IKS4A1 for my project. I just wonder whether the Unicleo-GUI works with the combination of  NUCLEO-F767ZI + X-NUCLEO-IKS4A1.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Qingshan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hello @qs202310 ,

for a beginner I would recommend to start with one of the NUCLEO board for which we provide firmware projects and binaries in X-CUBE-MEMS1 package. Using these project you do sensor evaluation and library evaluation using the X-NUCLEO-IKS4A1. The directly supported NUCLEO boards are NUCLEO-F401RE, NUCLEO-L152RE, NUCLEO-U575ZI-Q. For these board you can take already compiled binary files.

Instead of Unicleo-GUI I would like to recommend you MEMS Studio which is more advanced successor.

Concerning the compatibility with Unicleo-GUI or MEMS Studio it is defined by the communication protocol not by the NUCLEO board or the MCU. You can for example generate firmware for any NUCLEO board using STM32CubeMX and X-CUBE-MEMS1 package and it will work. Or you can manually port any existing firmware to different evaluation board and if the communication protocol is followed it will work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hello @qs202310 ,

for a beginner I would recommend to start with one of the NUCLEO board for which we provide firmware projects and binaries in X-CUBE-MEMS1 package. Using these project you do sensor evaluation and library evaluation using the X-NUCLEO-IKS4A1. The directly supported NUCLEO boards are NUCLEO-F401RE, NUCLEO-L152RE, NUCLEO-U575ZI-Q. For these board you can take already compiled binary files.

Instead of Unicleo-GUI I would like to recommend you MEMS Studio which is more advanced successor.

Concerning the compatibility with Unicleo-GUI or MEMS Studio it is defined by the communication protocol not by the NUCLEO board or the MCU. You can for example generate firmware for any NUCLEO board using STM32CubeMX and X-CUBE-MEMS1 package and it will work. Or you can manually port any existing firmware to different evaluation board and if the communication protocol is followed it will work.