cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Sir. I am using LSM6DSL. Is it possible to set LSM6DSL for 2 TAP and Pedometer reading? Thanks

EOved.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

yes, it is possible to set LSM6DSL for double-tap and Pedometer reading.

The general reference for these digital feature implementations is the application note AN5040, p.41 for the double-tap and p.50 for the Pedometer.

I suggest you to consider also the available code examples on Github for the LSM6DSM, a device compatible to the LSM6DSM with respect to performances, pinout and memory registers, especially for the double-tap example --> lsm6dsm_tap_double.c

For the Pedometer application, you may base on the X-CUBE-MEMS1 firmware package, and in particular on the MotionPM real-time pedometer library: I suggest the Pedometer application you can find in \Projects\STM32F401RE-Nucleo\Applications\IKS01A2\Pedometer folder.

Let me know if they can be of any help for your purpose.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

yes, it is possible to set LSM6DSL for double-tap and Pedometer reading.

The general reference for these digital feature implementations is the application note AN5040, p.41 for the double-tap and p.50 for the Pedometer.

I suggest you to consider also the available code examples on Github for the LSM6DSM, a device compatible to the LSM6DSM with respect to performances, pinout and memory registers, especially for the double-tap example --> lsm6dsm_tap_double.c

For the Pedometer application, you may base on the X-CUBE-MEMS1 firmware package, and in particular on the MotionPM real-time pedometer library: I suggest the Pedometer application you can find in \Projects\STM32F401RE-Nucleo\Applications\IKS01A2\Pedometer folder.

Let me know if they can be of any help for your purpose.

-Eleon

EOved.1
Associate II

Hi.

Many thanks.