cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibration LSM303 DLHC Magnetometer

ABogd.1
Associate II

Dear friends, help me please solve the problem that I encountered during the calibration of the LSM303 DLHC magnetometer. I use the technical documentation stm32 AN3192 for calibration. After rotation of the sensor along each axis and data collection, correction factors for displacement and normalization are calculated. Given these coefficients, I should get a normalized sphere with a radius of 1. However, this does not happen. After that, I separately display the calculated values ​​of the calibration coefficients. Can elements A, B, C be negative values?

Tell me what can be caused by their negative values?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @ABogd.1​ , they should not be negative because they define a sphere in space. Can you share the data you acquired? Did you already check the Motion MC library code of the X-CUBE-MEMS1 function pack, for the magnetometer calibration? Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @ABogd.1​ , they should not be negative because they define a sphere in space. Can you share the data you acquired? Did you already check the Motion MC library code of the X-CUBE-MEMS1 function pack, for the magnetometer calibration? Regards

ABogd.1
Associate II

Thank you very much for having promptly withdrawn my question. In the file, data taken from the sensor during rotation along each axis. It is from these data that I make the calculations.

I did not understand the application for magnetometer calibration, so I want to have an autonomous system with density.

Thank you very much for having promptly withdrawn my question. In the file, data taken from the sensor during rotation along each axis. It is from these data that I make the calculations.

I did not understand the application for magnetometer calibration, so I want to have an autonomous system with density.