cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueCoin demo for beamforming not working.

VPotl
Associate II

Hi,

i'm trying to run the beamforming demo on bluecoin. connected the bluecoin core to coin station and then connected to laptop. It has been detected on port and I recorded voice on audacity by choosing stm mic. The issues is no matter I rotate the bluecoin around I record my voice with same intensity in audacity.

It is supposed to lessen the intensity when speaking from different direction right?

2 REPLIES 2
VPotl
Associate II

can some one shed insights on this please?

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

​Hi, just only for checking and practice with the beamforming, I think you should start with interfacing your BlueCoin via Bluetooth with an external device (I use it with an Android smartphone, downloading the ST BLE Sensor app via Play Store). You can select "Beamforming" in the available menu, select the preferred direction, speak towards the board correctly rotating it in front of you and check the LED and the waveform screen. Quite the same if you desire to test the Source Localization app. This should work.

I see you are interfacing your BlueCoin via USB, acquiring the signal with Audacity. I'm not sure that the same data stream (already processed by the MCU according to the selected app) of the BLE is the same flowing through USB, or if the USB is more similar to raw data (btw, how can you select the desired direction for the Beamforming? Did you check if the LEDs are blinking?)... I should check.

Btw, which of the online available FW did you flashed on your BlueCoin?