cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are LIS2DW12 registers non-volatile?

Lab1tr
Associate II

I want to setup the wakeup configuration registers and then disconnect the accelerometer from an I2C programmer and power source. When the accelerometer is placed with the new circuit, will the configurations in the register I have set still remain? The datasheet does not mention non-volatile memory on registers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Only the factory-calibrated calibration coefficients are located in non-volatile memory. The registers are all RAM based and therefore volatile.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Only the factory-calibrated calibration coefficients are located in non-volatile memory. The registers are all RAM based and therefore volatile.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thats unfortunate then. Do you recommend any ST alternatives that do have non-volatile memory on registers?

I am not aware of any alternative sensors that realise registers as NVM. This means that a small MCU is always required to feed the registers during power-up.