cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-BLE1 BlueNRG-MS: MX_BlueNRG_MS_Init() and MX_BlueNRG_MS_Process() Not in Generated Functions Call

KMew
Senior III

Hello,

I am trying to make my first Bluetooth firmware to do a very simple function (Use Bluetooth app to turn an LED ON/OFF). My versions for everything is as follows:

STM32CubeMX: 6.6.1

X-CUBE-BLE1: 6.2.3

My components are:

NUCLEO-F401RE

NUCLEO-IDB05A2

I want to create a base template to learn what the CubeMX handles for you and what I have to develop myself, but I am getting conflicting information. Please see the guide that I am using that is attached to this.

In Section 6.1. "Use of Expansion Software without Sample Applications."

They have this:

0693W00000Y7zNpQAJ.png 

It lists MX_BlueNRG_MS_Init() and MX_BlueNRG_MS_Process() as functions that can be generated. However, when I try to create my own project, they are not present in the list.

0693W00000Y7zOsQAJ.png 

When I do select a device application (i.e. SensorDemo), the init and process function generation call do appear.

Does anyone know why this would be?

1 REPLY 1
Silvio
ST Employee

Hi,

when you create a project without one of the predefined sample applications, the MX_BlueNRG_MS_Init() and MX_BlueNRG_MS_Process() function are not generated by the STM32CubeMX.

It is up to the user to write his/her own init and process functions into the USER CODE sections of the main.c file.

I take the opportunity to suggest you to use always the Getting Started Guide included in the pack that you are using and to tank you for signaling the inconsistency in the screenshot related to the section 6.1 (that is the section 8.1 in the Getting Started Guide of the X-CUBE-BLE1 V6.2.3). We will fix it in the next pack version.

Regards,

Silvio