cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why BlueNRG LP not working as HCI-UART, DTM example not works! Not scanning from Bluez 5.53

AlexandrX
Associate III

How I use the BlueBRG as HCI-UART, on Bluez 5.55 stack as BT LE LR Dongle, command on btmgmt "find -l" thoes return nothing... ?

5 REPLIES 5
Ons KOOLI
Senior III

Hi Alsto.1,

Did you refer to the AN5503 ?

Best Regards,

Ons.

MMate.3
Associate II

The probem is reset event which standart DTM fw always issue after the reset is released. Also the standard HCI stack is sending additional sw reset packet which cause the bluenrg to issue the reset event again.

Then there is a VS ACI interface in the DTM which from my experience need some tweaks to work.

Sebastien DENOUAL
ST Employee

Hi @AlexandrX​ , Hi @MMate.3​ 

This is true at reset a proprietary event is sent by BlueNRG-LP ( EVT_BLUE_INITIALIZED).

As mentioned in recent post : Is it possible to run Zephyr BLE stack with the Bluenrg2+DTM fw? In general, is it possible to bypass the ACI commands and use standard HCI?

Rebuilding DTM example with LL_ONLY flag enabled should prevent BlueNRG sending this kind of proprietary event.

Regards,

Sebastien.

MMate.3
Associate II

Hi all,

I can confirm that rebuilding the DTM with LL_ONLY results into bluenrg2 NOT sending the VS event EVT_BLUE_INITIALIZED.

However, the new DTM build (flashed using openocd) did not solve my issue with the Zephyr BLE stack.

@AlexandrX​  can you tell me is the LL_ONLY option did solved your problem with Bluez please? In case you need the DTM build I can help you with mine.

Sebastien DENOUAL
ST Employee

Hi @MMate.3​ ,

Jumping into your conversation.

I don't think you can share your DTM image with @AlexandrX​ .

First, from my understanding you are using BleuNRG-2 SoC whereas @AlexandrX​ is using BlueNRG-LP SoC - image are for sure not compatible.

Second point, while rebuilding a project you need to select compilation flag according to your HW or PCB config:

• Internal oscilator or external 32KHz xTAL
  • SMPS active or not..

Hence, before sharing project, HW config must be also aligned.

Regards,

Sebastien.