cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUSB4710: Default Configuration Confirmation

KMew
Senior III

Hello,

I apologize if the answer is obvious but I want to confirm my understanding for the STUSB4710 (USB-C PD controller). Section 4.1 of the datasheet mentions that the default values for the voltage and current settings, which require NO I2C programming. I can optionally choose to overwrite these values via an I2C interface if I want.

0693W00000Y9dfbQAB.png 

So if I use the 7.1. configuration, this means that, with no additional MCU, EEPROM or any other NVM, I can achieve:

5V, 3A (15W)

9V, 3A (27W)

12V, 3A (36W)

15V, 3A (40W)

20V, 2.25A (45W)

Is this logic correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Benoit FORET
ST Employee

Hi KMew,

your understanding is correct. This is the default configuration that is set in ST plant, ready to use for compatible 45W applications.

Rgds,

Benoit

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Benoit FORET
ST Employee

Hi KMew,

your understanding is correct. This is the default configuration that is set in ST plant, ready to use for compatible 45W applications.

Rgds,

Benoit

Hello Benoit,

Thank you for the confirmation!

I am using the buck design that is used in the datasheet to get that 45W application. This is strictly for power and we are doing NO data transmission. I am also doing no communication with an NVM or MCU, since I only want to use the default configuration. If that's the case, can I leave these two pins (SCL & SDA) floating? Is there anything else that has to change on this if I am just doing default power delivery?

0693W00000Y9jjjQAB.png

Benoit FORET
ST Employee

Hi KMew,

so in this case, you can connect these pins to GND indeed.

Benoit