cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lora node ns1 AT master

PDevo.1
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I have a p-nucleo lorawan 3 kit with a nucleo-l073rz board and a lorawan ns1 lora board.

I'm trying to setup the AT master example from I-NUCLEO-LRWAN addon using keil uvision. I uploaded the program and activated the CMD_DEBUG but I don't get any output on TeraTerm.

I firstly tried to follow the instructions on https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000rauT3SAI/cant-make-at-master-application-to-work-on-nucleolrwan1nucleol073rz-pair but it seems that everything as been solved since last version.

I also tried to use an arduino instead of a nucleo board to talk to the lora board directly but without any success...

Has anyone faced the same problem?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PDevo.1
Associate II

For anyone with the same problem, I think I found the answer.

Arduino are 5V boards, whereas STM32 are 3.3V. Might be a good idea to use a voltage level shifter. I must say that I did not try it personaly.

After making a clean install of the I-CUBE-LRWAN package and taking the time to understand how to load the correct example (Nucleo L073RZ > Application > LoRaWan > LoRaWan_AT_Master > STM32CubeIDE > LRWAN_NS1) and making a few adjustements, I got it to work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

>>Has anyone faced the same problem?

People here generally see an endless stream of problems.

You're building code from source, you should be able to determine what UARTs are involved and what they are connected too.

>>I also tried to use an arduino instead of a nucleo board to talk to the lora board directly but without any success...

Then it suggest that the firmware *ON* the RisingHF RHF0M003-LF20 module is not acting as you expect. Typically it's built for the AT command on UART1 D2/D8 pins of the shield, and not the one connected to the NUCLEO's VCP port.

There are a lot of boards, and a lot of potential configurations. Make sure you're building the right thing. for the right board

Review the schematics and jumper settings, etc. Do this before continuing so you have specific expectations rather than banging on hoping to make it work.

The P-NUCLEO-LRWAN3 (Package) / LRWAN_NS1 (Shield) have a smaller/different regional audience.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00620948-getting-started-with-the-pnucleolrwan2-and-pnucleolrwan3-starter-packs-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yes sorry about the lack of informations.

I started learning how to program a STM32 last year with school and I'm kinda amazed about all the possibilities but also desperate with all the problems you can face.

I'll try again tomorrow with a fresh mind and I'll come back to you if I make any progress.

Thanks

PDevo.1
Associate II

I managed to make it work with arduino. I reloaded the default firmware and it responded to AT command.

But today when I tried again with the same configuration, I was unable to get a single message from the board... Even after reflashing the bootloader one more time, no success..

PDevo.1
Associate II

For anyone with the same problem, I think I found the answer.

Arduino are 5V boards, whereas STM32 are 3.3V. Might be a good idea to use a voltage level shifter. I must say that I did not try it personaly.

After making a clean install of the I-CUBE-LRWAN package and taking the time to understand how to load the correct example (Nucleo L073RZ > Application > LoRaWan > LoRaWan_AT_Master > STM32CubeIDE > LRWAN_NS1) and making a few adjustements, I got it to work.