cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dev.Kit STEVAL-BFA001V2B - IOLink

padovmar
Associate

Hi,
I am testing the STEVAL-BFA001V2B development kit to evaluate the use of the IOLink protocol.

Using the native project provided in the software package for the STide development environment, the device connects to the master and works correctly. The example firmware has a PDIN_DATA = 32byte and PDOUT_DATA = 0byte. This parameters are passed to the "iold_api_create_dpp1" function which takes care of writing them to Page1 of the DirectParams. In particulare, using 32bytes in PDIN_DATA write the number 159(dec) in the DirectParams with index 5 (see Figure B.5 – ProcessDataIn)

We would need to try the case with PDIN_DATA= 16byte and PDOUT_DATA = 0byte.

To do this, I changed #define PDIN_LEN to 16 but this doesn't work because in the parameter with index 5 I should find 143(dec), but instead I continue to read 159(dec). It seems that the "iold_api_create_dpp1" function uses default data (PDIN_DATA=32) ignoring the parameter supplied to it as input.

I also tried to write and then read the parameter with the functions:
- iold_api_set_parameterpage_value(5, 143);
- param = iold_api_get_parameterpage_value(5);

Even in this case, however, the "param" variable that is read is always 159(dec).

In the guide I read that the stack is time-limited, meaning that the system stops after a certain amount of time (after required a hw reset), but I didn't see anything about limited functionality.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks, 

Marco

0 REPLIES 0