cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client to Server write with notification problem (BLUENRG-1)

nibbly78
Associate III

I'm trying to :-

A> use one characteristic that Server can use to write data to Client with indication

B> use same characteristic so that Client can send data to Server with indication

the characteristic is set up as follows aci_gatt_add_char(....CHAR_PROP_READ|CHAR_PROP_INDICATE|CHAR_PROP_WRITE on both Client and Server

I have achieved A> and works pretty well, however I'm having problems with B>

the problem is even though I can send easily send the data from Client to Server and Server is receiving the data in the aci_gatt_notification_event() 

0690X00000AsXtgQAF.png

How can I achieve notification back? I'm happy to have the Client >> Server write on a separate Characteristic 

11 REPLIES 11

"If not, then please please share with US how I can get some sort of acknowledgement on the CLIENT from the server that the server received the data."

i.e. CLIENT sends data to server, CLIENT needs to know if data was received on the SERVER. The opposite of the diagram in the previous post

0690X00000AtNJfQAN.jpg

Yes. The notification shall work according to your needs.

To use ATT write is another option, which is more specif than to use ACI_GATT_UPDATE_CHAR_VALUE.

Please according your configuration use ACI_GATT_WRITE_CHAR_VALUE, ACI_GATT_WRITE_LONG_CHAR_VALUE, or ACI_GATT_WRITE_CHAR_RELIABL.

0690X00000BuWTkQAN.png

0690X00000BuWTpQAN.png

0690X00000BuWTuQAN.png