cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG-LPS Navigator - Beacon example doesn't work

Jacob.Preston
Associate

I am using v1.2.0 of the BlueNRG-LPS navigator. I am trying to run a BLE Beacon example on a STEVAL-IDB012V1. I don't see the device appear on a generic scanner I have. I have had success running other BLE examples on this eval board, but not the beacon examples. I have tried all of the beacon configurations with no luck on any.

2 REPLIES 2
Laurent LOUAZON
ST Employee

Dear Jacob,

I guess this is pretty normal as beacon examples you can download from navigator tool is setting the BlueNRG-LPS as AoA Tag.

It means a specifc CTE field is added as per new direction finding bluetooth feature.

I guess smartphone will not display such AoA tag beacons.

When flashing a "standard" beacon (BLE beacon with flash management), this one can be seen from a smartphone.

Regards

Laurent

Jacob.Preston
Associate

Hi Laurent, thanks for that explanation. I had to hand off the hardware to a colleague for the time being, but I'm pretty sure I tried all the different beacon examples with no luck on any of them. I also tried scanning with both an iPhone and another BLE devkit from a different vendor with no luck. They both would pick up beacon examples from other vendors, but this one from ST seemed to be hidden for whatever reason (could be what you described with the AoA tag example). If I get the hardware back I'll try to use the example you suggest and report back here with the results.