Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLUENRG demo code not compiling

M Greally
Associate II
Posted on March 22, 2018 at 21:59

Hi.

I have downloaded theSTM32CubeExpansion_BLE1_V3.2.0 folder from the STM website and am trying to compile the demo project. I am using Keil V5. I have copied the files over to where all my other Keil projects are and have included the relative header paths. When I build it I get over 200 errors. I'm sure the code is fine and it maybe something to do with folder locations or something like that. Is there any special procedure for copying projects and where to copy them to?

Thanks.

#keil #bluenrg-2 #stm32f407

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
21 REPLIES 21
Posted on March 22, 2018 at 22:48

It has the following:

USE_HAL_DRIVER,STM32F401xE,USE_STM32F4XX_NUCLEO

Should there be any more?

Posted on March 22, 2018 at 22:52

I don't know.

Did 

find-in-files locate where it should be defined?

Posted on March 22, 2018 at 23:00

tListNode is defined in ble_list.h and is included in the project:

0690X00000604V7QAI.jpg

Posted on March 22, 2018 at 23:04

No, same issue. Extracted the zip folder to the desktop and opened the project from there. You would expect it to work as it is provided from STM.

Mark Peter Vargha
Associate III
Posted on March 23, 2018 at 06:06

ST's example projects usually do not compile for me out of the box... Nor Keil nor the TrueStudio version. The BlueNRG examples are the worst. We give up using BlueNRG at our company.

Andrea Palmieri
ST Employee
Posted on March 23, 2018 at 16:02

Dear user,

the STM32CubeExpansion_BLE1_V3.2.0 package includes several projects. All of them have been successfully tested with Keil uVision v5.22.

What is the project you are trying?

Kind regards

Andrea

M Greally
Associate II
Posted on March 25, 2018 at 18:08

Funnily enough I tried on a windows 7 machine (was windows 10 before) and everything works straight away even directly out of the compressed folder. I did notice on windows 10 the pack installer taking forever when the project was opened. Maybe this had something to do with not copying all the relevant files over and/or maybe its a windows 10 issue. I have had issues with windows 10 and other software before so probably the issue is there. I will stick with windows 7 for now I think. Thanks for all the helpful comments, I did manage to learn a bit more about how keil operates and not to trust windows 10  

Posted on March 29, 2018 at 10:42

Dear Mark Peter,

could you please be more specific? BlueNRG is a family of chips, with the BlueNRG-MS, BlueNRG-1 and BlueNRG-2 devices. Which one were you using and which software package didn't work for you out of the box?

Also, which IDE version have you used and on what version of the OS? For example, the OP has reported issues only when using Windows 10, while everything was working fine on Windows 7.

If you can provide me with these details about your environment, I can check what went wrong for you.

Thanks,

Antonio

Posted on March 29, 2018 at 12:13

M Greally wrote:

I tried on a windows 7 machine ... and everything works straight away

So the thing to do would be a side-by-side compare of the two setups

I have had issues with windows 10 and other software before

So it's not specifically related to ST or Keil, then?

Sounds like time to call your IT people ...

Could it be some security setting?

Windows (including 7) does 'notice' when stuff is downloaded from the interwebs, and sometimes puts access restrictions on it ...

Can you open the reported files manually in the Keil editor?

Does it make a difference if you run as Administrator?

I will stick with windows 7

That's a pragmatic approach to get you going for now, but it leaves the underlying issue unresolved - so it's going to come back to bite you (as it has, apparently, bitten you before)...

Posted on April 10, 2018 at 10:37

No doubt it will but that machine was giving me issues in other aspects to. I will probably do a restore on it and get rid of all the demons.