cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which API should vl6180 use?

LCHAN.41
Associate II

HI, i am studying how to controll vl6180 with a custom board which MCU is STM32L452CCU6. At the beginning , i tried to avoid implementing the api by changing register directly using i2c, however,0x018 is set to 0x2 or 0x0 both did not generate the raw value in 0x064. 

Therefore, i think there are more config i need to be made before the sensor start reading and an API is required . During searching in the internet, i only found STSW-IMG003 for VL6180X, can i use it for VL6180?Which example could i use just for 1 sensor read range?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

You can find the API of the v6180 on st.com on the product page here in the "Tools&Software" section.  
Here is the direct link to the API for the 6180 : STSW-IMG011.

Regards

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

You can find the API of the v6180 on st.com on the product page here in the "Tools&Software" section.  
Here is the direct link to the API for the 6180 : STSW-IMG011.

Regards

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'