cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53LX API Compatibility

chadrockey
Associate

I ended up accidentally discovering that the VL53LX API is compatible with two different sensors.

I'm using this platform implementation for Linux
https://github.com/ned14/VL53L3CX_rasppi

I have the VL53L3CX but also the VL53L4CD.  I've seen that the VL53L4CD doesn't have a "full complexity" driver available in the downloads.  Is the VL53LX API compatible with ALL VL53L**** sensors?  Is there anything I should worry about because the VL53L4CD doesn't have an API other than the ULD or the ULP?

1 REPLY 1
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

ST is delivering a package HW + SW that has been validated.

If you can find some compatibility between HW and SW when giving a try, ST doesn't guarantee it will work for ever and that this will not damage your sensors. 

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'