cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VD6283 on Arduino UNO

SBurc.1
Associate II

Hello everyone,

i bought the X-Nucleo-6283A1 development Board from ST together with an Nucleo-F401RE Developmentboard.

I have also installed the GUI and it works ok, the calculation of CCT is not performing correct, but thats ok so far...

Now i wanted to perform the whole operation by myself on an Arduino UNO.

Like other members already mentioned, the datasheet is not very good, i set everything up and i am able to read out Device ID, Silicon rev, ...

but no matter what i do, i cant read out the ALS Channels.

The datasheet mentions a "driver API" but there is no possibility to download anything.

Can someone tell me where to get more Informationen about this topic, or has done the same on a different Controller not provided by ST?

Otherwise my company will not use this sensor for their product.

Kind regards

Sebastian Burchert

6 REPLIES 6
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

Thank you for your interest for our products. 

However, currently, the driver is not ready to be published on st.com.

We are planning a release of it by beginning of 2024. 

Sorry for the delay,

Best regards

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

if i want to use the sensor in one of our products how can i get the values of the sensor without using the driver?

..as always : read ds and write your own "driver" .

(i did it for making an ambient back-light  for my TV , with similar sensor APDS9960 ; 3 or 4 hours and ready.)

depends on what you want to do with it, ie CCT calculation might be more difficult game. 🙂

+

>i cant read out the ALS Channels

so you didnt read ds long enough ... no valid setting for working mode , i assume.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

look into the datasheet.

2023-10-16 10_05_20-Datasheet_VD6283TX_rev1_DM00793620.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader (64-bit).png

When i read this, i ask for a proper driver or instructions.

These instructions should be provided (normally in a datasheet), but the one for VD6283 is very poor written.

compare the APDS9960 datasheet, for me looks very similar.

+

if STM dont want users to access the product they buy - throw it in the trash and use other rgb light sensor.

or forget the Disclaimer and try using the ds to write a working register setting to this chip.

cannot be more difficult than using any other similar chip.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello

• We apologize for any issues caused by the delayed publishing of the driver
  • We understand this can cause issues and the team is working to publish the driver on st.com as soon as possible
  • In the meantime, we contacted SBurc.1 directly to find a solution to the described problem

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'