cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L3 / VL53L5 calibration for glass with GUI software?

RAltm
Senior

Hello,

I want to evaluate VL53L3 / VL53L5 devices. The end application will be behind glass with a distance of ~20-30mm between sensor and glass. I've Nucleo and Satellite boards for the two sensor types and setup a corresponding test environment where a glass plate is mounted in front of the Nucleo boards.

Using the GUI software for L3 device, the range seems to be very accurate when using no glass. But using glass always shows a distance of approx. 10cm. Is there anything special regarding calibration? Ref SPADS and X-Talk calibration seems to have no parameters to be set and Offset calibration is done with the default 100mm.

I've not evaluated the L5 device yet, but I assume the procedure will be the same for both.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
RAltm
Senior

Update: the VL53L5 test setup is up and running now. With this sensor and the GUI application, I can see a reaction also behind glass. So I assume for the L3 there are further steps in initialization/calibration needed. For the L5, it seems that there's also additional tuning needed when behind glass, but at least there's a change in the reported values when moving something in front of the glass.

Regards

RAltm
Senior

Anyone? ST? :D

Regards

DBouc.1
Associate

I'm not ST, but that's what X-Talk calibration is for. I would look at some of those examples.