cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI for the VL53L8A eval board like there is for the VL53L5?

DBonh.1
Associate III

The eval board for the VL53L5 has a GUI that displays all of the zones. Is there a similar GUI for the 53L8 eval board? I don't see one listed on the Tools and Software tab for the eval board. Or is there a way to make the L5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,
Indeed the GUI are not atatched to the board page but to the product page.
Which sensor do you want to test ? 
Is it the VL53L8CX, Low-power high-performance 8x8 multizone Time-of-Flight sensor ? In this case, the GUI to be downloaded is STSW-IMG041

Is it the VL53L8CH, Artificial intelligence enabler, high performance 8x8 multizone Time-of-Flight sensor ? In this case, the GUI to be downloaded is STSW-IMG043

Best regards

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,
Indeed the GUI are not atatched to the board page but to the product page.
Which sensor do you want to test ? 
Is it the VL53L8CX, Low-power high-performance 8x8 multizone Time-of-Flight sensor ? In this case, the GUI to be downloaded is STSW-IMG041

Is it the VL53L8CH, Artificial intelligence enabler, high performance 8x8 multizone Time-of-Flight sensor ? In this case, the GUI to be downloaded is STSW-IMG043

Best regards

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
Bob_Boys
Associate

I have a x-nucleo-53l8a1 on f401RE.

Programed example with Keil and PuTTY sees the 16 data changing fine.  (COM 7)

With STSW-IMG041 - I can do everything except CONNECT - nothing shows here,  I can flash FW, update ST-Link.

REFRESH LIST never shows anything in Connect although PuTTY sees it fine.

Am I using the wrong GUI program ?

Bob

John E KVAM
ST Employee

If you use Putty and attach to the terminal, then you have to kill putty before the GUI can attach to the sensor. (It happens to me more than I would like. Onlyone program can attach to a serial port.)

When you start the app, download the firmware from the about tab. 

that should get the sensor ready to start talking. 

On occation, if it does not connect, I kill the app, pull the USB cable and start over. No need to download the firmware again. It should be good.

Windows had a release where large downloads like this broke, but it was quickly replaced. If you updated your Windows between May and Sept, you should update again to the latest Windows. (Very few people had this issue.)