cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L3 integration time

WJLO
Associate II
I want to know whether the calculation of integration time using kcps and signal peak count is correct or not

WJLO_0-1690975033577.png

Signal = 3.83 kcps/spad

(3.83*1000*211(SPAD ea ))/2099  =385    =>  1/385 = 2.6 ms

Ambient & signal kcps, is the integration time the same?

3 REPLIES 3
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello 

For the VL53L3, integration time is the same as the measurement period programmed (default is 33ms)
It is not possible to get the integration time from the bins.

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
John E KVAM
ST Employee

I think you will find that the signal is given in KiloCounts per SPAD per Second. So for a longer integration time, you will get more photon strikes but the signal rate should be the same. 

So Anne is right in that one can assume the integration time is related to the measurement period. Although if you look very closely there is some overhead where we do some house keeping prior to starting the VCSEL (laser) and we do a bit of calculation afterword. During a 33mm Timing Budget, the laser is ranging for about 30ms. 

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.

Hi ,

I just want to know that the log show 

Signal = 3.83 kcps/spad

The histogram peak count value is 2099 count, then you mention the integration  time is 30ms…

How can I use 2099 count, and 30ms to transfer to 3.83kcps/spad???