cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L1X Timing budget, Inter measurement period

MBabu.2
Associate II

Hello, Is is mandatory to add inter measurement period function when I use the function Timing budget

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

No - if you leave off the Inter-measurement period the sensor will range again immediately one after the other. Continuously is a perfectly fine way to operate.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

No - if you leave off the Inter-measurement period the sensor will range again immediately one after the other. Continuously is a perfectly fine way to operate.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
MBabu.2
Associate II

Thank you @John E KVAM​ so much. I have another doubt

for the project , Since I wanted the VL53L1X to be more accurate I added a timing budget of 200 ms . I have 3 vl53l1x sensors and I tested each of them individually and its working perfectly and I am receiving the measurement once every 200 ms with timing budget 200 ms . Now I have combined all the 3 sensors and with timing budget 200 ms and programmed it to receive the data. I expected the results to be from all the three sensor every 200 ms(In a single string) , but am receiving the data every 600 ms(In a single string).Kindly help me with this issue

Thanks for the reply