cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L1X Boot period specs (setup time from hardware standby to SW standby)

KArai.2
Associate II

Hello,

I am developing a system using VL53L1X.

Occasionally, when the host microcomputer is asynchronously reset, 

there is no response from the sensor after that.

I've never used the xshut terminal.

If communication with the sensor becomes impossible, 

I'm thinking of using the xshut terminal to synchronize the host microcomputer and the sensor.

Please let me know the setup time required to start I2C communication after setting the xshut pin to high level.

From the topic below, I think 10ms is enough, but I would like some information as a specification.

Title:vl53l1x-xshut-pin

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

It's a lot less than 10ms. But you don't need to know it.

drop Xshut, wait a ms or two and lift the Xshut line.

The sensor will reboot and come alive.

There is a I2C read -

VL53L1X_ERROR VL53L1X_BootState(VL53L1_Dev_t dev, uint8_t *state)

Just call that.

If it's not booted, wait a ms and call it again.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

It's a lot less than 10ms. But you don't need to know it.

drop Xshut, wait a ms or two and lift the Xshut line.

The sensor will reboot and come alive.

There is a I2C read -

VL53L1X_ERROR VL53L1X_BootState(VL53L1_Dev_t dev, uint8_t *state)

Just call that.

If it's not booted, wait a ms and call it again.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
KArai.2
Associate II

Hello John-san,

Thank you for your answer.

I will try it on a real device to determine the setup time.

The information "about 1ms-2ms range" was very helpful.

Best regards.