cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VD6283 GUI Communication Errors

MFabb.1
Associate II

In order to test the X-NUCLEO-6283A1 I installed its GUI (en.VD6283_Setup_v1.0.0.exe).

I also installed the ST Link USB driver (as suggested in the GUI Guidelines) and the board is correctly recognized by the host.

0693W00000FDGuaQAH.png0693W00000FDH1vQAH.png 

The GUI seems working fine the very first time.

0693W00000FDH2pQAH.png 

However the communication between the GUI and the Nucleo board is glitchy/faulty and errors are reported when the GUI is started the next time or Start button is clicked.

0693W00000FDGzpQAH.png 

If bluetooth is disabled (as suggested in the GUI guidelines) I cannot even establish the communication with the Nucleo board.

0693W00000FDGywQAH.png 

The Flash FW button is not working. I have to manually load the BIN file (console_app_VD6283.bin) by dragging it in the NOD_F401RE drive.

Could you check the application FW and GUI SW?

Notes: on the same host I can correctly run GUIs for VL53L0X, VL53L1, VL53L1X and VL53L5CX.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KPett.1
Associate

I've had the same problem!

1: Drop the console_app_VD6283.bin-file directly to the target via explorer to program target

2: Start first instance of VDExxx_GUI

3: Press and hold the black reset button until the red-green LED on the target goes from Static RED -> flash RED/GREEN -> Static GREEN

4: Start second instance of VDE6283_GUI

0693W00000GYsC8QAL.png 

Works for me!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LCord.1
Associate III

This is very odd I have bluetooth always enabled and it is working fine. Tho I do had to restart the application and it is not working every time but it worked after some messing around.

Lucordes

MFabb.1
Associate II

The very first time, the GUI worked like a charm. Then it didn't correctly worked anymore.

Which versions of the GUI (Application Rev, API/Product Version in the About tab) and STLink USB driver are you working with?

Thank you

LCord.1
Associate III

I'm on Application rev 2.2.0.25946 and on the latest StLink drivers. I would recommend going with the stm32 cube ide tutorial to get the sensor going. https://www.st.com/en/imaging-and-photonics-solutions/vl53l5cx.html watch the videos at the bottom.

LCord

VL53L5CX GUI works fine.

I am not able to run (stable) the VD6283 GUI with X-NUCLEO-6283A1.

KPett.1
Associate

I've had the same problem!

1: Drop the console_app_VD6283.bin-file directly to the target via explorer to program target

2: Start first instance of VDExxx_GUI

3: Press and hold the black reset button until the red-green LED on the target goes from Static RED -> flash RED/GREEN -> Static GREEN

4: Start second instance of VDE6283_GUI

0693W00000GYsC8QAL.png 

Works for me!

I tried your solution but it didn't work.

The LED LD1 on the Nucleo board goes from static RED to flash RED/GREEN and ends to static RED again.

When both GUIs are closed the LED is static GREEN.

I also tried to switch to a different USB port of the USB HUB and direct connection to notebook USB.

None of these methods worked.

Any further suggestions?

Thank you