cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the VL53L1X GUI work?

DAzu.1
Associate II

I'm using the X-NUCLEO-53L1A1 and the STM32F401. As the user manual suggests.

The GUI opens, but cannot detect the sensor.

"Sensor Not Detected. Please ensure sensor connected then Press Black Reset Button on the Nucleo".

The X-NUCLEO-53L1A1 is seated correctly in the STM32F401.

Pressing the black button LD2 turns off briefly then turns back on but noting happens in the GUI.

I've installed STSW-LINK007.

Current Firmware:

Version: V2.J39.M27

Type: STM32 Debug+Mass storage + VCP

The host PC has the STLINK VP drivers installed.

The ST virtual COM port is shown in my device manager.

LD1 is lit red, so the Nucleo Kit is connected to the PC.

I also have the VL53L5CX GUI. This works fine.

I've seen that a few people have also run into this problem, but there does not seem to be any answers.

Do you know what is happening @John E KVAM​ ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

I think so.

The Nucleo boards historically identified itself as a NODE_F401RE. And the GUI code looks for this so it can copy the .bin file to it.

But the latest batch identify as a NOD_F401RE. And that missing E makes a big difference.

We are changing our code as fast as we can.

But in the mean time...

Go to:

C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\VL53L5CX_Evaluation_Kit\Resources

And drag-and-drop the .bin file you find into the NOD_F401RE.

Watch the LED flash red/green.

Then run the GUI.

This trick will work on ANY Time-of-Flight sensor - just change the directory name

C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\VL53Lxxxxx\Resources

To whatever sensor you are using.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

I think so.

The Nucleo boards historically identified itself as a NODE_F401RE. And the GUI code looks for this so it can copy the .bin file to it.

But the latest batch identify as a NOD_F401RE. And that missing E makes a big difference.

We are changing our code as fast as we can.

But in the mean time...

Go to:

C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\VL53L5CX_Evaluation_Kit\Resources

And drag-and-drop the .bin file you find into the NOD_F401RE.

Watch the LED flash red/green.

Then run the GUI.

This trick will work on ANY Time-of-Flight sensor - just change the directory name

C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\VL53Lxxxxx\Resources

To whatever sensor you are using.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
DAzu.1
Associate II

Great. That worked, thank you!