cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect with vl53L7CX SATEL using STM32 L432 KC

MussabMehboob
Associate

Hi guys!

From the last week I am trying to connect my TOF sensor with the STM32, but the I2C Communication has not been started. I have tried to use I2C Scanner to scan the address of the   VL53L7CX SATEL breakout board but was not even able to gets its address back. I also tried changing the VL53L7CX SATEL breakout board but it was also not very useful.  I have tried using both the STM32 Cube Ide software package that they provide for the TOF Sensosrs and the STM32duino VL53L7CX Library but was unsuccessful in making them work.

Can anyone let me know if I am making any mistakes or if my approach is wrong in any way!

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

This is what you want to do.

Start with the STM32CubeMX software. Download a new copy if it's been a while. At the start put in your board name. It will bring in lots of code. Then start configuring the hardware the way you want. Generally it's done for you if you are using an ST board. Next start adding in the XCUBE-ToF1 code. There are youtube videos on how to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjW6pcT8sGM

this video does NOT use your board, nor is it the right sensor, but what you need to do is the same as far as plumbing goes.

the real trick is that the XCubeToF1 does not know which I2C you are using so that has to be configured along with the GPIO you use for board reset and interrupt. 

To get the plumbing right you are going to need the schematic of the board and of the sensor board. Both are available on ST.com. 

Good luck.

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
EniRot99
Associate II

Could you provide more information about your settings? 

Are you using a nucleo board? 

I am using an L432 KC Nucleo board to connect with the SATEL VL53 CXL7 but am unable to connect. I have tried to use I2C Scanner to get the address of the sensor but was unable to get an address. 

John E KVAM
ST Employee

This is what you want to do.

Start with the STM32CubeMX software. Download a new copy if it's been a while. At the start put in your board name. It will bring in lots of code. Then start configuring the hardware the way you want. Generally it's done for you if you are using an ST board. Next start adding in the XCUBE-ToF1 code. There are youtube videos on how to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjW6pcT8sGM

this video does NOT use your board, nor is it the right sensor, but what you need to do is the same as far as plumbing goes.

the real trick is that the XCubeToF1 does not know which I2C you are using so that has to be configured along with the GPIO you use for board reset and interrupt. 

To get the plumbing right you are going to need the schematic of the board and of the sensor board. Both are available on ST.com. 

Good luck.

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.

Hello,
To help you for the connection, you can have a look to the AN5883. Indeed it explains how to connect the SATEL to a F401 but it can help to know which signals are mandatory for the connection. 
Regards
Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'