cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX not generating code correctly

jagauthier
Associate III

I am trying to explore X-CUBE-TOF1 and I have several VL53L3CX breakout boards. I'm using the latest CubeMX and IDE (6.3.0 and 1.7, respectively) and therefor downloaded both the 2.0.0 and 1.0.0 X-CUBE-TOF1 cube modules.

I've selected the following software packs:

0693W00000D2CIIQA3.pngThe performed the following configurations:

0693W00000D2CINQA3.png 

After generating the code, the directory is completely empty.

0693W00000D2CISQA3.pngRemoving the software pack results in a properly generated project (but without the software packs, obviously)

0693W00000D2CIhQAN.png 

How can I generate starter code to use with the VL53L3CX breakout boards?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

After checking your ioc received by private message , I confirm there is an issue when generating project using STM32CubeIDE as toolchain.

This issue is already raised internally and the recommendation is to generate project with "Under Root" option(ideally from scratch).

The project will be generated correctly under the main project folder.

0693W00000Dpf8UQAR.pngHope this helps you.

If your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Houda

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi JGaut.1 ,

Using CubeMX 6.3.0 and CubeIDE 1.7 I'm not able to reproduce this issue , may be I miss something in your scenario .

0693W00000D2YxNQAV.pngCan you please send me your ioc to check?

Houda

jagauthier
Associate III

Sure! I sent you a direct message with the file attached.

Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

Hi JGaut.1

Before trying to generate the project from scratch I would suggest you to use the pre-compiled project available here below when you installed the CUBE-TOF1 pack

C:\Users\nguyenph\STM32Cube\Repository\Packs\STMicroelectronics\X-CUBE-TOF1\2.0.0\Projects\NUCLEO-F401RE\Examples\53L3A2\53L3A2_MultiSensorRanging.

You can either flash the Nucleo F401RE with the binary file or open the project with KEIL, IAR or STM32IDECube. Let me know if it works. Thanks. Julien.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
jagauthier
Associate III

I was able to get NUCLEO-L476RG\Examples\53L3A2\53L3A2_SimpleRanging working with my L476 Nucleo board.

But that's not my target board, nor is the F401. So, I needed to build that project from scratch.

In the meanwhile, I was able to get a project working by jumping through some hoops. But now I don't remember what they all are.

I might have started a new project for an L432 and imported the ioc from the L476.

But either way, generating the project from scratch for any MCPU should work.

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

After checking your ioc received by private message , I confirm there is an issue when generating project using STM32CubeIDE as toolchain.

This issue is already raised internally and the recommendation is to generate project with "Under Root" option(ideally from scratch).

The project will be generated correctly under the main project folder.

0693W00000Dpf8UQAR.pngHope this helps you.

If your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Houda

jagauthier
Associate III

Perfect, thank you for the response! I should be able to move the project where I want after that.

I appreciate the time you took to find this answer.

Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

Thanks Houda for your investigations.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.