cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L0X returning "0" for SignalRateRtnMegaCps?

MFord.1
Associate III

Hi,

I am running into a problem where the VL53L0x will return "0" for its SignalRateRtnMegaCps value for certain range measurements. Some sensors I have it does this an overwhelming amount of the time. Some sensors I only see this periodically.

I use this SignalRtn value to gauge how strong of a reading I received. The 0's happen in situations where I would certainly expect there to be a strong value for SignalRate.

Does anyone knows if this "0" means anything? Or if anyone has come across this before? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

The thing to do is check the RangeStatus. I'm going to guess that the RangeStatus is non-zero.

The RangeStatus is NOT the function call status - but a register you have to ask for after the range is done.

This value will clue you in to why the ranging operation status failed.

Zero is the value we put into the signal strengh register when the range fails.

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

The thing to do is check the RangeStatus. I'm going to guess that the RangeStatus is non-zero.

The RangeStatus is NOT the function call status - but a register you have to ask for after the range is done.

This value will clue you in to why the ranging operation status failed.

Zero is the value we put into the signal strengh register when the range fails.

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.