cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I convert a Nucleo-F401RE example for use on a STM32WB55 Board?

TSeke.1
Associate

Can anyone offer any guidance on the best way to port an existing application from one stm32 nucleo to a different stm32 nucleo? Specifically I would like to use the People Counting example written for the Nucleo-F401RE and X-Nucleo-53L1A1 ToF sensor expansion board on the P-Nucleo WB55. My understanding is because both run applications on the M4 chip I should be able to operate the application on both boards. I found a 6 year old youtube video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU4jivUZJm8 ) that is somewhat helpful but I think that I have some knowledge gaps.

One particular point of concern is the interrupt files. I'm not sure if I should try reworking the file used in the original code, grabbing one from a working example for the WB55, or generating a whole new interrupt file using STM32CubeMX

Any suggestions or resources you can provide on the topic are extremely helpful. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @TSeke.1​ and welcome to the STM32 Community 😊

There is no migration doc from STM32F4 to STM32WB series.

You may start with STM32CubeWB MCU package, and you will find ready application projects (ioc file) generated with STM32CubeMX in the project folder of the

STM32CubeWB MCU package.

So, you can use STM32CubeMX tool and update the working application to configure peripherals that you want depending on your needs.

Take a look to this user Manual UM1718 for more detail about STM32CubeMX tool.

The reference-Manual and datasheet related to your device will be your support for more clarification and help you to configure the pins.

I highly recommend to start with "Getting started" manuals which allow you to go step by step to start your project:

• UM2550 User manual Getting started with STM32CubeWB for STM32WB Series

Hope this helps you!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thanks for the info. I have successfully implemented a simple ranging ToF example using CubeMX and a software library for the expansion board. I have not been able to communicate wirelessly yet. Thanks again!

Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

Hi TSeke. Congratulation ! I am at the same point than you. I can range any ToF on the wb55 but I don't know how to configure the BLE part to stream the distance out to a Android BLE apps. I will be interested if you find the solution. Thanks

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.