cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the VL53L7CH software a superset of the VL53L7CX software?

antonott
Associate

Is the VL53L7CH software (STSW-IMG043_ULD) a superset of the VL53L7CX (STSW-IMG036) software? That is, can I use the VL53L7CH software with both devices?

Best,

Anton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

If we have a superset board, we don't have a superset SW 

So if you want to test the VL53L7CX you have to use its specific SW package STSW-IMG036.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

If we have a superset board, we don't have a superset SW 

So if you want to test the VL53L7CX you have to use its specific SW package STSW-IMG036.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

I see. I seem to be able to run the VL53L7CX with the software for the VL53L7CH though (of course without using the CNH capabilities). I'm running the "basic ranging" example.

Anyway, I suppose it does not matter much. I can have both software packages side by side if need be. Thank you for answering.

Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Indeed, it can work but you have to keep in mind that ST is guaranteeing only the SW/HW package delivered.