cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API documentation or C/C++ library for VL53L7CH or VL53L8CH (to be used with ESP32/Arduino)

calvong
Associate

Hi, 

Could someone please point me to where I can find the API or programming guide (which i2c reg to read the range data, which reg to set mode etc.) document for the VL53L7CH. I have looked everywhere and the only thing I can find is the ULD examples from ST. For me, these aren't very straightforward to convert into a C/C++ library :( 

I would like to write a library for ESP32/Arduino to use VL53L7CH, I found a repo for VL53L8CX but I am hoping to find a bit more documentation specifically for the L7CH so I can extend the library to read the histogram on the CH version. Any help would be appreciated 🙂 

Thanks,

Calvin

3 REPLIES 3
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

We are planning to do this porting in the coming weeks. Stay tune if you want to get a release done by ST.

Meanwhile, you can find a User Manual in the STSW-IMG043_EVK package here.

There is also an article about CNH here.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

Hi,

Any news from the porting of software for the VL53L7CH or VL53L8CH? Is that still planned? I havent found any library for reading histogram data yet, but maybe I missed it.

Best,

Paula

Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

This is still planned but more likely for end of June

Sorry for the delay

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'