cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not understand status errors displayed on the screen, when distance cannot be measured using VL53L4CD,

xTIAN.11
Associate

Hi,

I am doing a manipulator project with VL53L4CD and meet a problem. Could you please take some time to check? I really appreciate it for your support, thanks.

The issue is I can not measure the correct distance result because status is error and always equal to 7.

My Time of Flight Sensors is VL53L4CD.

I look up datasheet then find the reason is described as wrapped target, phase does not match. I don't understand the meaning of phase here.

Does the sensor fail to measure due to environment conditions? So what should I do?

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

You can find some details about the error here. You will get an explanation of wrapped target.

Regards

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

Thank you