cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ToF VL53L4CD load capacitance calculation

Gabor23
Associate II

Hi, 

I am struggling to understand how to calculate the load capacitance when adding the pull-up resistors in my circuit with VL53L4CD ToF sensor to run the sensor in fast mode plus. The datasheet states that:

Suggested pull-up and series resistors for I²C fast mode plus
I²C load capacitance (CL)(1) Pull up resistor (Ohms) Series resistor (Ohms)
CL ≤ 90 pF 1.5 k 100
90 pF < CL ≤ 140 pF 1 k 50
140 pF < CL ≤ 270 pF 0.5 k 50
270 pF < CL ≤ 400 pF 0.3 k 50
1. For each bus line, CL is measured in application PCB by customer.VL53L4CD

I am using a NUCLEO-F401RE evaluation board that is communicating and driving the ToF VL53L4CD-SATEL board. 

Anybody can help with this? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

Your question has been raised internally. I will come back to you as soon as I have an answer.
Regards

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
Gabor23
Associate II

Hi Anne, thank you. I will be looking forward to the feedback.

Hello,
We have one AN that could be interesting for you.

It is AN5837 which explains how to connect the SATEL to the Nucleo board.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'