cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use VL53L0x or VL53L1x ranging data make 3D depath map module ?

JLuo.5
Associate II

The VL53L0x or VL53L1x hardware interface is IIC ,I want to know ​is the range data they output can use to make 3D depth map module? and how do it? Is it have some design details?

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
John E KVAM
ST Employee

If you want a 3D depth map, may I recommend just buying the VL53L5CX.

The L5 provides an 8x8 'image' of depths. Each range is about a 5x5 degree area and for a lot of purposes it works a lot easier.

read the documention on the VL53L5CX. Maybe buy the evaluation kit from Mouser or Digikey and give it a try. It might just work for you.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
JLuo.5
Associate II

Thank you so much.and may you have a Website link about VL53L5CX evaluation kit?Thanks�?

JLuo.5
Associate II

Hi Josn:

Here I have another question about VL53L1CB,in its datasheet,It says,Time-of-Flight ranging sensor with advanced multi-zone and multi-object detection and can apply to Dual camera stereoscopy and 3D depth assistance thanks to multi-zone measurement. So ,may VL53L1CB use to range objects depth and make 3D depth map module? As like VL53L5CX?

thanks again.​