cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to properly drive the VL53L0X into Sleep mode?

AElgh
Associate III

The datasheet mentions putting the sensor into sleep by driving XSHUT low. measuring the power consumption shows that the power is consumed more when I connect XSHUT even when I drive it low by 200 microAmp. 

The XSHUT is normally pulled-up on the breakout board so no leakage is assumed.

14 REPLIES 14

Hello SLERO, I'm sorry your case is not solved yet. I think ST has a much better community w.r.t others.

Indeed XSHUT helps a lot to reduce the current, in my case:

without XSHUT: VL53L4CD consumes around 1.4mA in Idle-Mode.

In HW-Stnadby: it's around 320uA.

I suspect that something should be turned off before putting the sensor into HW-Standby as the sensor consumes so little(as in the Power profile) just after the initialization is done.

I'm still digging into this trying all the configurations that could be done with the sensor's pins.

I'll let you know if I get into something

Amir

Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,
We just did a test using :

- a 53L0-SATEL-I1

- a X-Nucleo-LPM0A1 board from ST for power consumption measurement as per the pictures below :

here are the results of our tests :

with the X-SHUTdown connected :

We got : 5.4 µA

And with X-SHUTdown disconnected we got :

We got : 6.1 µA

Regards

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

@SLERO.1 If you are using an ST-MCU, check this solution:
vl53l4cd-power-consumption-measurement 

Good Luck

SLERO.1
Associate II

@AElgh 

I will check, thx a lot