cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, On VL53L0x, what are the timing budget register address? what are the range value to write? Regards seb

SLERO.1
Associate II

8 REPLIES 8
John E KVAM
ST Employee

In the ST API, that bit of code is 140 lines long. It does a lot of work and configures quite a number of registers. You really do not want to do this yourself.

Your only real choice is to take the ST API from the web site, and call it.

(And yes, I know the VL53L0X code is a bit 'clunky'.)

If you don't want to deal with that code, consider the VL53L4CD. The effective range of the chips are about the same (See people to 1.3M). But the L4CD is less expensive and the code is A LOT cleaner.

(Footprint compatable as well.)

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
SLERO.1
Associate II

hello,

I can not say that I'm satisfied of your answer !

On ST API, there is all the register !

where VL53L4CD API can be downloaded ?

SLERO.1
Associate II

VL53L4CD_ULD API found

hello,

Almost on all distributors, the VL53L4CDV0DH is more expensive than VL53L0CXV0DH except when VL53L4CDV0DH stock is low but stock is low, it can not be used a this price for mass production!

Stock of VL53L4CDV0DH is very low compare to VL53L0CXV0DH !

0693W00000aJkc3QAC.jpg0693W00000aJkcDQAS.jpgWhen VL53L4CDV0DH stock is low, the price is ~20 cents lower

so I can not think that it can be resume that VL53L4CDV0DH is less expensive .

SLERO.1
Associate II

hello, no answer ?

John E KVAM
ST Employee

Not sure I see the question.

When you dig into the VL53L4CD_ULD API, we tried to make the code obvious. Take a look at the function list, and find the function that does what you want. You can either just use it or convert it to Python or whatever you need.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
SLERO.1
Associate II

Hello,

no answer about this post ?0693W00000bh8ZIQAY.jpg

Hello
Thanks for the interest in ST products.

You are right the stock of VL53L4CD at distributors are very low while we have stock at ST. We will contact distributors. 
Regarding the prices given by distributors, they are not under ST control. But the VL53L4CD should be at slightly lower price than VL53L0X for equivalent volumes.
Regards