cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STHS34PF80 Sensor Detects False Presence After Inanimate Object Removal

mobaid
Associate II

Hello STM Community,

I am working with the STHS34PF80 presence detection sensor on an STM32WB55 development board, and I've encountered an unexpected issue with its detection behavior.

Problem Description:

When an object like plastic or paper passes in front of the sensor, it does not detect the object's presence, which I understand could be due to these materials not emitting enough infrared radiation. However, the problem occurs after the object is removed. Once the object is no longer in front of the sensor and there is no one around, the sensor unexpectedly detects a "presence."

Observations:

• The sensor detects human presence accurately.
  • The false presence detection only happens after an object (plastic, paper, etc.) is moved away.
  • There are no obvious environmental changes (such as temperature shifts or airflow) when the false presence is detected.
  • The object itself does not seem to be detected at all while in front of the sensor.

Question:

Has anyone experienced similar behavior with the STHS34PF80 sensor or any other infrared-based presence sensors? Could this be due to residual heat effects, algorithm misinterpretation, or something else I'm overlooking? Any insights or suggestions to correct this false presence detection would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your help!

0 REPLIES 0