cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STHS34PF80 Presence Detection Issue: Short Detection Range and Stuck Presence Flag

mobaid
Associate

Hello ST Community,

I'm currently working with the STHS34PF80 sensor for presence detection on an STM32WB55 development board. However, I've encountered a couple of issues that I hope someone here can help with:

1. Short Detection Range: The detection range without any lens is quite limited, averaging around 1 meter. This is significantly shorter than what I expected for my application. I’m wondering if others have experienced similar range limitations and if there are any suggestions or adjustments that can improve this.

2. Stuck Presence Flag in Register: After a presence is detected, the presence register value maintains a fixed high value even after the object has left the sensor’s detection zone. This causes the presence flag in the function status register to remain raised and not get cleared automatically. As a result, I am unable to reliably use the presence detection for further processing because the presence flag doesn’t reset as expected.

Has anyone encountered similar issues with the STHS34PF80? If so, how did you resolve them? Are there any specific configurations or workarounds to ensure that the presence flag resets correctly after an object leaves the detection zone?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Mohamed Obaid

0 REPLIES 0