cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does zone numbering for VL53L5C in 8x8 mode start with ZFFFFFFFC (-4)?

DBonh.1
Associate III

I'm looking at the I2C spew from a VL53L5C, and it appears to be values for each of 64 zones. Data for a particular zone starts with Z_______ where the blank is the zone number. But instead of starting with Z 0 to Z3F (0 to 64) it goes from ZFFFFFFC to Z3C ( -4 to 60). Is this how it should be? or does this indicate something wrong? Is the format of the I2C spew documented somewhere or do I go fishing in the ULD source code to figure it out? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

No. It does not. But it shouldn't be that hard. Go through the ULD driver looking for the big structue. Steal that stucture and read the data into the initial address of the struture. If you alighned the configuration with the structure, the data should simply be available.

The easy way to do this is to choose the configuration in the ULD even if you do not intend to use it. Then extract the structure. You should be all set.

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.