Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About temperature calibration of VL53L1X

KArai.2
Associate II

Hello,

I am developing a system using VL53L1X.
I have read UM2510 (A guide to using the VL53L1X ultra lite driver).

This library implements the function called "StartTemperatureUpdate".
The description for this function states, "This function performs the temperature calibration."
The function declaration is written as:

VL53L1X_ERROR VL53L1X_StartTemperatureUpdate(uint16_t dev);

I'm curious as to why this function doesn't require the actual temperature as an input.
The mechanism of temperature calibration, please let me know.
It would be helpful if you could introduce related documents and URLs for reference.

Best Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

Everything is done inside the sensor firmware, user has nothing to do. 

Everything is embedded, it is a transparent operation that doesn't require information from the host.
Best regards

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

Everything is done inside the sensor firmware, user has nothing to do. 

Everything is embedded, it is a transparent operation that doesn't require information from the host.
Best regards

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
Hello, Anne BIGOT-san,

Thank you for your reply.
Can I assume that the VL53L1X has a built-in temperature sensor (or something similar)?

Best Regards.

Hello

That's it.

Best regards

Do we have access to the temperature sensor inside the device? Could we potentially poll what the device's temperature is?