Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add date of the most recent post in the presentation page

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Hello,

this is not for MCU but a remark for the forum software:

the overview page only shows the start date of a thread. At least for me it would be helpfull to also see the date of the most recent post. That way, it is easier to see if  new post where done to a thread after my last visit.

Thanks

PS: Why is there no "Location" like "Forum" to discuss problems and enhancements to the forum?

18 REPLIES 18
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Uwe Bonnes ,

I moved your post to the dedicated forum board https://community.st.com/t5/feedback-forum/bd-p/feedback-forum and I let @Lina DABASINSKAITE answer here.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@Uwe Bonnes wrote:

PS: Why is there no "Location" like "Forum" to discuss problems and enhancements to the forum?

There is - it's the 'Feedback forum' under 'About'

AndrewNeil_0-1707410918758.png

Not the most intuitive place to put it, but there it is.

Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hi there @Uwe Bonnes ,

For this purpose we have a sidebar "unread threads", on the right hand side:

LinaDABASINSKAITE_0-1707483350461.png

Have you checked it? 

BR,
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Lina DABASINSKAITE wrote:

Hi there @Andrew Neil 

Hi @Lina DABASINSKAITE  - but I think you meant @Uwe Bonnes  ? 

🤔 😎

Yes I did 😅! Sorry for the mix up. 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Lina DABASINSKAITE ,

> or this purpose we have a sidebar "unread threads", on the right hand side:

Where? I haven't met such sidebar yet.

And also it's still just a workaround, not a proper solution.

JW

Hi @waclawek.jan , 

When you are on the board level, scroll down and look on the right hand side below label list. Example, see here: 

STM32 MCUs products - STMicroelectronics Community 

Please share your other preferred option so we can look into it. 

Let me know if you can't see it. 

BR,
Lina 

I see the following in the right-hand sidebar:

1. Labels
  2. New Solutions
  3. Unread Threads
  4. Unanswered Threads
  5. Latest Photos

None of those answers @Uwe Bonnes request for the date of the most recent post in each thread/topic.

Hi @Lina DABASINSKAITE ,

I see it now - maybe I haven't seen it on one of the other computers I switch between.

However, it's not it. The timestamp of last reply indicates, which posts have been replied to since we've visited last time. The "unread" list indicates, which threads we haven't read *ever*. I guess the "unread" list just displays the same information which is already displayed by the thread subject being displayed in bold.

[EDIT] I am wrong, it's not.

However, the usability of that side-bar is rather limited. First, it's small. Second, it's only in at "board level", and I find that level unusable as I want to see changes across several boards (okay I can't choose which ones but that's my problem I cope with it). Third, it is visually different from the thread list, so individual posts are relatively hard to perceive. Fourth, the number of items there is limited, clicking on "View all" brings me to yet another style of view, adding to confusion.

Uwe was asking for a feature which in common all normal forum softwares, which are designed by developers based on decades of accumulated knowledge about how to make fora useful; and which are used daily by their developers. Khoros is neither, and what we see happening here are halfbaked hotfixes. That's why it's important to start with using a forum software for a forum, instead of trying to bend some "customer engagement fulfillment" or whatever.

If the thread list is designed properly, all the sidebars can be removed and the space can be reclaimed for better usability of the forum as such.

JW