cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change my account email address

Nikita91
Lead II

In the past I know that it was not possible to change the email address of an ST account.
I use a personal address to be independent of my changes of employers.

But now ST requires a commercial email address to participate in webinars.

In the same way you impose a commercial address to order on ST eStore.

Since ST has tightened its policy regarding email addresses, it becomes imperative to be able to update them.

The alternative is to create a "fake" account for each use... I did it but I receive triple notifications and announcements!

So how do I change the email address used by my account?

14 REPLIES 14
Nikita91
Lead II

Apparently the software package used by ST still does not allow you to change your email address...

I gave up and kept my personal account for all interactions, except purely professional ones which require an address on a company account. So I create them every time I work for a different client!

Apparently ST prefers to have thousands of almost dead accounts...

Sorry I couldn't have a better answer.

Gaston
Senior

I'm facing to the same issue. I've formed another company with different email, website, etc.

With little effort I've changed my email successfully on NXP, Analog Devices and so on...

There is no way to change a ST single user?
Is there anyone willing to fix it?

Hi @Amelie ACKERMANN,

any progress on this? My mail address is going to change in about 4 weeks and I really don't want to miss all the account history, bookmarked or subscribed threads and of course all my badges 😁.

My whole team just had a real ROFL moment when I told them, that ST does not support changing an accounts mail address. We are in the year 2024!

Hope you can trigger the right persons at ST management to get this feature implemented bug resolved.

When this account seems to be inactive, try @tdecker2 - ST can't change mail addresses, so I had to create a new account.
Amelie ACKERMANN
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @t.decker and @Gaston

I understand the frustration and inconvenience caused by this circumstance. Unfortunately, there is no easy fix. We are trying to see with our platform provider if there is a way to migrate the account history. Please send me a private message with the details of your old and new community account as well as the community account details that you would hope to see transferred over.

Best,

Amelie

STM uses the product of a supplier who boasts of being "World's #1 AI CRM provider": Salesforce.

It turns out that this software has been failing for several years, and that Salesforce is unable to offer solutions: regarding the management of email addresses it seems that there is a fairly deep design flaw (which leads STM to suggests tinkering piecemeal as in the post above).

It's time for STM to take a big hit and force Salesforce to correct the problems. Or change supplier, a difficult decision to make but which would be beneficial in the long term, and undoubtedly even financially advantageous.