cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the metrics working?

metrics_they_are_a_broken.jpg

Not a big fan of the new metrics / scoring methods, but that's probably a whole other discussion.

Also don't see the online stats on the top/front page, swear I only see user/online counts when not logged in..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You've changed how it works.

But as I've stated, previously my User Page, and the Top Level Page (Logged In, Logged Out) reported Different Counts.

https://community.st.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/33216

https://community.st.com/

My page says 1886, the top-level 24 (month), 1835 (all-time)

https://community.st.com/t5/solutions/acceptedsolutionsleaderboardpage/node-display-id/community%3Aysqtg83639/timerange/all

Like I said, not sure I really care, it's just illustrative of the *** implementation, and what I really wish for is a better forum that's functional over pretty.

mysolutionsalltime.jpg

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee
Very interesting indeed...
The problem has been known for a while and today I saw the same metrics in the front page as in the account overview for the first time on the PC browser. So I thought the problem was solved.
But at least with the smartphone browser, it's reappearing now, same values for being logged-in or not. I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow.
[edit]no, same erroneous behavior as before[/edit]

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hi @Tesla DeLorean , 

Thanks for reporting. The inconsistent solution display is known and already in search of solution. 

Also don't see the online stats on the top/front page, swear I only see user/online counts when not logged in..
The user online count is only visible on the log out view indeed. After login-in you only see your personal stats. 

Let me know if you still have any questions on this one. 

BR,
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Is there some rationale why the forum / user statistics are not deemed relevant after logging in?

They are relevant of course and we do track them for the analytics purposes. 

In this particular case, the simple answer would be is that the page template had this flow of showcasing information. Could you please elaborate on why you need to see the mentioned information all the time? Knowing this, I could see what the options are to display the widget after the login. 

Thanks, 
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Solution counts are still inconsistent, although the delta seems to be shrinking.

Numbers also look to change when logged in vs when not, truly bizarre. How / what is being counted.

With respect to Badges, what are the thresholds, apparently nothing above 100's. For solutions there's nothing above 50

Hi @Tesla DeLorean , 

Thanks for your insights! The count of solutions was solved during the summertime but let me check on that again and compare the views. Regarding the badges, you are right, and we are aware of this. Additional badges will be introduced in the coming period.

Regards,
Lina

Solution counts have tightened but still out of sync.

I could swear you've got 3 or 4 ways of computing and displaying what should be the same number depending on the view, and my logged in status or not.

Today 1863 (User Page), 1855 (Logged in, top level) and 1813 (Logged out, top level)

Hi @Tesla DeLorean ,

Thank you for the additional information as it will help us investigate this case.

Best,
Michael

Hi @Tesla DeLorean ,

Could you please walk us through the steps you took that reproduce the issue, and also send us some screenshots of what you're seeing on your end?

Best,
Michael