cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-AI integration and clock errors

JRAxelrad
Associate II

Hello.
I'm working on the stm32h753vit6 MCU trying to integrate the X-CUBE-AI software package into my project and I noticed a couple of issues.

1) After installing the package, I go into the IOC and as soon as I enable the X-CUBE-AI, the RCC_OSC_OUT pin reverts to the reset_state for some reason.
2) Also as soon as I enable the X-CUBE-AI, Changes start happening in my clock tree.

If I set back the clock tree to the configuration it was before enabling the X-CUBE-AI, My code crashes at the SystemClock_Config method (The method is autogenerated and I don't make any changes to it).

Has anyone come across a similar issue?
Thank you in advance, Yonatan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

These values are from the IOC itself. My message was not clear enough.

Indeed, X-CUBE-AI is applying settings that might have side-effects on your side. 

We will open a bug for that if we think it is relevant.

However, if you want to enable X-CUBE-AI without RCC modifications today, you can execute the following:

- Open boardExternalMem.xml file in C:\Users\USERNAME\STM32Cube\Repository\Packs\STMicroelectronics\X-CUBE-AI\x.y.z\db\boardExternalMem.xml

- Look for the object with die id="450", which is the die id for STM32H753xxxx

- <die id="450">
- Comment/remove the  content in requiredParameters, testOptimal and optimalParameters
- Restart STM32CubeMX

I added a copy of this file in this message

Now X-CUBE-AI will not apply modifications in your IOC file
Best regards,
Yanis

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
hamitiya
ST Employee

Hello,

X-CUBE-AI changes the clock tree in order to provide you best performance by maximizing the MCU clock speed. However, changes are loaded after you receive this prompt:

hamitiya_0-1723016048668.png

If you don't want X-CUBE-AI to apply these clock settings, please click on "No" when receiving this pop-up.

If you still see changes in your clock tree after that, it is probably a bug and we will track it.

Best regards,

Yanis

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for the reply.
The changes happen in my case without any prompting (I'm using the stm32CubeIDE version 1.14.0)
Also, my MCU was running at 480MHz before adding the X-CUBE-AI and it dropped significantly after the addition.

Hello,

Could you confirm the unexpected changes are one of this list:

RCC.Mode=HSE-External-Oscillator
                RCC.HSE_VALUE=25000000
and/or:
                RCC.D1CPREFreq_Value=480000000
                RCC.PLLSourceVirtual=RCC_PLLSOURCE_HSE
and/or:
                RCC.Mode=HSE-External-Clock-Source
                RCC.HSE_VALUE=8000000

We also apply parameters as "required" for X-CUBE-AI but as soon as they are triggering issues on your side we will track it in order to fix it in a next release. 

Best regards,
Yanis

The changes I'm talking about occur straight away in the IOC as I'm working on it, before even going into the code.
This is the RCC definition in the IOC before adding the AI feature:

RccBeforeAI.png

And the clock tree:

ClockTreeBeforeAI.png

And these are the clock tree and RCC definitions after adding the AI feature:

RccAfterAI.png

ClockTreeAfterAI.png

These changes happen automatically as soon as I press the X-CUBE-AI feature in the middelware section of the IOC.

Hello,

These values are from the IOC itself. My message was not clear enough.

Indeed, X-CUBE-AI is applying settings that might have side-effects on your side. 

We will open a bug for that if we think it is relevant.

However, if you want to enable X-CUBE-AI without RCC modifications today, you can execute the following:

- Open boardExternalMem.xml file in C:\Users\USERNAME\STM32Cube\Repository\Packs\STMicroelectronics\X-CUBE-AI\x.y.z\db\boardExternalMem.xml

- Look for the object with die id="450", which is the die id for STM32H753xxxx

- <die id="450">
- Comment/remove the  content in requiredParameters, testOptimal and optimalParameters
- Restart STM32CubeMX

I added a copy of this file in this message

Now X-CUBE-AI will not apply modifications in your IOC file
Best regards,
Yanis

Thank you very much!
That did the trick.