cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DUX12: Generated header file from Unico GUI has undefined addresses

sch0bert
Associate III

Hello,

After generating my ucf file that I load to my LIS2DUX12 and verify that it works, I wanted to load the generated configuration through a microcontroller so I used the option in Unico GUI to generate the header file which later on I need to include in my project. After analyzing the content of the commands that is sending, I noticed that is sending commands to addresses not listed in the datasheet neither displayed in Unico GUI. This concerns me as these could be reserved registers and then damage the accelerometer:

sch0bert_0-1700153390945.png

Reviewing the datasheet, the highest address described is 0xB7:

sch0bert_1-1700153500397.png

Could you point me what is then wrong? Is it the documentation and Unico GUI or the generated file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @sch0bert ,

Yes Unico GUI.

You can trust on the registers in the header file.

I can point out to my colleagues that it may be useful to include these registers in future releases.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @sch0bert ,

Those registers are reserved but the MLC tool is able to manage them so there isn't any risk to damage the accelerometer.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @Federica Bossi

Thanks for the prompt response, what do you mean with the MLC tool? Unico GUI? 
So should I trust on the registers in the generated header file?

Will these registers be documented in a new document version?

Regards,

Pascal.

Hi @sch0bert ,

Yes Unico GUI.

You can trust on the registers in the header file.

I can point out to my colleagues that it may be useful to include these registers in future releases.