cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with GTM Library on SPC58NN84E7 in SPC5Studio and AutoDevKit Ecosystem

Mjuchelka
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I'm working with the SPC58NN84E7 in SPC5Studio, and the same issue occurs in the AutoDevKit Ecosystem. Simple examples, like controlling an LED with this processor, work without any problems. However, as soon as I add the GTM library, the program freezes during gtminit() at gtm_aux_in_src();. I’m not configuring anything in GTM.

Has anyone encountered this issue? Could anyone please help?

2 REPLIES 2
Max VIZZINI
ST Employee

Hi,

Your description is a bit too generic.

It depends what kind of code and which processor are you using inside the micro.

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team

Hello,

I'd like to clarify my issue:

I am using a custom PCB with the SPC58NN84E7 chip.
UDE-STK shows:
Mo 30.09.2024 11:15:20.985, Success, Core2, UDEDebugServer, Connection to SPC58NN84 target established: PowerPC Target, JTAG-ID: 0x20112041.

My code in main.c:

/************************************
 * LED configuration on PCB
 ************************************/

#define LED_RED_ON pal_setpad(PORT, LED_RED_PIN_GPIO140);
#define LED_RED_OFF pal_clearpad(PORT_LED_RED_PIN_GPIO140, LED_RED_PIN_GPIO140);
#define LED_RED_TOGGLE pal_togglepad(PORT_LED_RED_PIN_GPIO140, LED_RED_PIN_GPIO140);

#define LED_BLUE_ON pal_setpad(PORT_LED_BLUE_PIN_GPIO80, LED_BLUE_PIN_GPIO80);
#define LED_BLUE_OFF pal_clearpad(PORT_LED_BLUE_PIN_GPIO80, LED_BLUE_PIN_GPIO80);
#define LED_BLUE_TOGGLE pal_togglepad(PORT_LED_BLUE_PIN_GPIO80, LED_BLUE_PIN_GPIO80);

#define LED_GREEN_ON pal_setpad(PORT_LED_GREEN_PIN_GPIO141, LED_GREEN_PIN_GPIO141);
#define LED_GREEN_OFF pal_clearpad(PORT_LED_GREEN_PIN_GPIO141, LED_GREEN_PIN_GPIO141);
#define LED_GREEN_TOGGLE pal_togglepad(PORT_LED_GREEN_PIN_GPIO141, LED_GREEN_PIN_GPIO141);

/*
 * Application entry point.
 */
int main(void) {

componentsInit();

irqIsrEnable();

/* Application main loop. */
  for ( ; ; ) {
    LED_GREEN_TOGGLE;
    LED_RED_TOGGLE;
    LED_BLUE_TOGGLE;
    osalThreadDelayMilliseconds(500);
  }
}
If I don't install the GTM component, the program works, and the LEDs blink without any issues.

If I install the GTM component, the program freezes during the call to gtminit() at gtm_aux_in_src();. I’ve attached a screenshot showing where the program stops:

The compilation completes without any errors. The issue seems to appear only during runtime after initializing the GTM component.

In the GTM component, I haven’t configured anything, so it's just initialization. I’ve attached a screenshot of the GTM component configuration:

The project structure in SPC5Studio with the GTM component installed:

I would like to ask if anyone has encountered a similar issue or knows what could be causing this behavior.

Thank you in advance for any help!