Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking for availability of CanTp

Aishwaryaum
Associate II

Hi all,

Good Afternoon, I hope all are doing good

In my project I am implementing diagnostics, so now I need CanTp for sending and receiving the data which is more than 8bytes. Now I am using SendCanMessage() API for transmitting the data and mcanconf_rxreceive() API for receiving the data. No if I want send more than 8 bytes I need CanTp so I wanted to know that which API's are used to send and receive data in case of usage of CanTp and if there is any suggestions how to implement CanTp in my project .

I took "AVAS Compact - Test Application" as my base code(shown in snippet).

Aishwaryaum_1-1722329849994.png

Thanks 

Aishwarya UM

5 REPLIES 5
Max VIZZINI
ST Employee

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean with CanTp.

If we are talking about CAN-FD, the APIs are the same, you just need to change the configuration in AutoDevKit Studio from standard CAN to CAN-FD.

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team

Hi Max VIZZINI,

Thank you for your valuable response.

Sorry I am not implementing CAN-FD, here I am implementing CanTp (CAN Transport Protocol) where we used to send the data in consecutive frames.

I just wanted to know how can we implement CAN-Tp(ISO 15765-2 for reference) in the autodevkit.

It will be so helpfull if I want some information regarding this implementation.

Thanks & Regards,

Aishwarya UM

Hi,

Just checked with designer and the answer is that our hardware does not support CAN-TP, because we have opted for CAN-FD.

You can try to implement it in software but this means that you have to create a new CAN driver and cannot use the default one provided in AutoDevKit Studio.

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team

Hi Max VIZZINI,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion and I understood the point that you are going to convey.

I have one more thing to know from you that do we have any examples from your side so that I can refer that to some extent and it may help me lot.

And also, I wanted to know can i get any support or suggestions from your side for implementation of new CAN driver for CANtp, if so it will help me a lot.

Thank & Regards,

Aishwarya UM

Hi,

The only example you can take is the CAN / CAN-FD driver available in source code inside AutoDevKit Studio. You could use that as a basic starting point.

The other option is to request a third-party consulting company to support you in the driver development.

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team