cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no spice model for new opamp? TSB182

Rob1
Associate II

Why does ST not provide a spice model for a new opamp. Specifically the TSB182 ?

New parts should have a model.

No model , not going to be considered  for use.

On  another note  ST's website is almost unusable. I get HTTP 408 and 504 errors almost everywhere I go , very frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GET
ST Employee

Hi @LCE ,

I understand. In that case, one may have to wait the availability of Spice model in the CAD ressources folder of main Web page (or ask for it to the online support accessible at the ST support & Community / Support page).

In parallel, please note the eDSim tool can replace any other simulator with some improved functions/performances, and that it stays compatible with models developed with Orcad PSpice. Please Refer to AN5367 for further exemples/details.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GET
ST Employee

Hi @Rob1 ,

In case one do not find important information about a component on its related page, I would suggest to contact direclty the ST online support and enter a ticket or either have directly a call to them : Support and Community menu > Support  and then, either :

Submit customer support ticket    or      Call our customer support

This could be a solution for you to know when/if model will be available or why this model is not accessible the Web for the moment ...

About the errors messages you encountered, I don't have any good idea, but searching in ST Community "error 504" leads to this post , maybe it can explain your issues :  https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/cannot-download-stmcubeide-cant-login-with-st-account-response/m-p/112156#M3620 

Best Regards,

GET
ST Employee

Hi @Rob1 ,

I did not get feedback from you about my previous answers.

Please note in the meantime, I had a look at the ressources associated to TSB182 on the web page, and I just noticed the ST eDSim tool supports the TSB182 part number for electrical simulations based on SIMetrix ICs Models, you can search and download DB4424 for brief description.

The ST eDSim tool is integrated inside the ST eDesign Suite software tool. Here is a link to eDSim below , you will find many information, and tutorials here : STSW-eDSim - eDSim: fast and powerful electrical simulation software for SMPS and analog ICs - STMicroelectronics . I did not install this tool myself, but it could answer to your need ?

Best Regards,

LCE
Principal

I think most people prefer using their own simulation program, so a model would be more helpful.

LTSpice seems to be industry standard now, I prefer the Pspice integrated in Altium for easier porting of simulation schematic to further dev steps.

GET
ST Employee

Hi @LCE ,

I understand. In that case, one may have to wait the availability of Spice model in the CAD ressources folder of main Web page (or ask for it to the online support accessible at the ST support & Community / Support page).

In parallel, please note the eDSim tool can replace any other simulator with some improved functions/performances, and that it stays compatible with models developed with Orcad PSpice. Please Refer to AN5367 for further exemples/details.

Best Regards,

Rob1
Associate II

Hi there , I did reply , but not sure what happened to it :0(

I think they should say on the website that a spice model is in development. At least they you know that it is coming.

It probably won't take long.

Cheers

Rob