cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased a number of tda7297 chips from STM and they do not work. Connected to my Fluke set to ohms I get No readings at all. Yet I have Chinese supplied tda7297 chips which do give a reading.

SHorv.1
Associate

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @SHorv.1​, to the community!

A multimeter in the resistance measuring range is rarely a suitable instrument to test the function of a component, instead you should test the components in a real circuit.

Is it a reliable source where you bought these devices?

There are a lot of counterfeit chips nowadays. What gives you the conviction that they are original?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SHorv.1
Associate

Hi Peter, Thank's for the response, I purchased the TDA7297 chips directly from ST and were supplied from Mouser. I tried on 3 occasions in a circuit and each time nothing so out of frustration checked the cheap Chinese TDA7297 chips with the Multimeter and was getting a reading, then tried with the ST supplied chips and no readings at all.

Regards Steve Horvath.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

OK, so it looks like these devices are genuine.

What does that mean exactly: "they do not work"?

What does your application circuit look like, what are the environmental conditions of the TDA7297 (supply voltage, load resistance, input signal etc.)?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.