cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32F4 Series 1.27.1 without an internet connection?

RJepp.1
Associate II

I have STM32CubeIDE installed on a lab machine where internet connectivity is restricted. I need to install v1.27.1. I was able to go to the st.com site and download the en.stm32cubef4_v1-27-0.zip file, transfer it to my lab machine, then using Help->Manage Embedded Software Packages to point at the local ZIP file and install the 1.27.0 main version. However, when I try to install the 1.27.1 patch (en.patch_cubef4_v1-27-1.zip) to upgrade to 1.27.1, the Manage Embedded Software Packages option claims that the zip file is not compatible.

It appears that the only way to get the 1.27.1 upgrade is to use the Help->Check for Embedded Software Packages Updates option. But, that requires an internet connection. There does not appear to be a local file selection option. So, now I'm stuck because of the lab's internet restriction.

Isn't there a way to get the incremental updates without having to use the internet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @RJepp.1​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

You are importing the FW pack the right way and I was able to reproduce the same behavior from my side.

As a temporary solution, I advise you to do the following when importing the patch:

1. rename the main pack from "en.stm32cubef4_v1-27-0.zip" to "stm32cube_fw_f4_v1270.zip"
  2. Copy the zip file to the STM32CubeMx repository found under "C:\Users\the username\STM32Cube\Repository
  3. Then import the patch with Help->Check for Embedded Software Packages Updates option from the local repository where you have downloaded it.

With this being said, this problem is raised internally to be reviewed. I'll keep you posted with the updates.

Internal ticket number: 138606 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @RJepp.1​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

You are importing the FW pack the right way and I was able to reproduce the same behavior from my side.

As a temporary solution, I advise you to do the following when importing the patch:

1. rename the main pack from "en.stm32cubef4_v1-27-0.zip" to "stm32cube_fw_f4_v1270.zip"
  2. Copy the zip file to the STM32CubeMx repository found under "C:\Users\the username\STM32Cube\Repository
  3. Then import the patch with Help->Check for Embedded Software Packages Updates option from the local repository where you have downloaded it.

With this being said, this problem is raised internally to be reviewed. I'll keep you posted with the updates.

Internal ticket number: 138606 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

RJepp.1
Associate II

Hi Semer,

Thanks for getting back to me. The temporary solution you suggest does not work for me. The only place where I have a "local file" option is the Help->Manage Embedded Software Packages. And, using this option I can install a predownloaded major version such as 1.27.0. Your solution suggested I rename the patch and then use a "local" option in Help->Check for Embedded Software Packages Updates. I don't get that option with Help->Check for Embedded Software Packages Updates. I specifies that I need a network connection.

Am I missing something?