cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STH32F769 Discovery Kit SampleCode error target not created

TSU.11
Associate II

Good morning everyone!

I download Demonstrations code at ST.com(https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/32f769idiscovery.html#tools-software).

I open the project in STM32F769\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0\Projects\STM32F769I-Discovery\Demonstrations\TouchGFX\MDK-ARM by Keil uVision5 and rebuild all target file. However, it shows 532 errors.

The part of error massage is as below.

How to find these files?

Thank you~

"no source": Error: #5: cannot open source input file "../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Src/usbh_ioreq.c": No such file or directory

../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Src/usbh_ioreq.c: 0 warnings, 1 error

compiling usbh_pipes.c...

"no source": Error: #5: cannot open source input file "../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Src/usbh_pipes.c": No such file or directory

../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Src/usbh_pipes.c: 0 warnings, 1 error

compiling stm32f7xx_hal_tim.c...

compiling stm32f7xx_ll_sdmmc.c...

compiling stm32f7xx_ll_usb.c...

"STM32F769I-Discovery\Exe\STM32F769I-Discovery_TouchGFX_Demo.axf" - 532 Error(s), 0 Warning(s).

Target not created.

Build Time Elapsed: 00:09:05

3 REPLIES 3
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

I don't know much about that demo sorry, but I can just point out that when you create a project in TouchGFX Designer, you can select the "Application Template" for the STM32F769 discovery board which will generate a pre configured TouchGFX project. If you wish to use Keil, you will need to open the generated ioc file in CubeMX, go to the "project Manager" tab and change the IDE/Toolchain to MDK-Arm. You will then need to generate code from CubeMX, generate code from TouchGFX Designer and then you can open the generated keil project.

You can also select a "UI template" which consists of demos and examples, and directly run the project on the board.

/Romain

0693W000008yLxaQAE.png0693W000008yLxVQAU.png0693W000008yLxGQAU.png0693W000008yLxBQAU.pngHi Romain,

I download example in https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubef7.html.

I open the Audio_playback_and_record example in applications file, TouchGFX example in Demonstrations file and ADC example in Examples file, I rebuild them, they show errors. (MDK-ARM/Keil uVision5)

In the readme, it only shows:

" In order to make the program work, you must do the following :

- Open your preferred toolchain

- Rebuild all files and load your image into target memory

- Run the example "

I confuse why these examples cannot be rebuild directly and show many errors. ( I did not modify anything.)

Where I can download the "UI template" which consists of demos and examples, and directly run the project on the board?

(Sorry, I'm a beginner of these.)

Thank you~

The alternative I gave was if you used TouchGFX Designer and not the demo, where you can create a pre configured project with the application template for the STM32F769dk board. 0693W000008yNs8QAE.pngI never use the demos you shared so I do not know why you face those issues, they should no be here. Like you wrote you are supposed to be able to rebuild and run directly the projects.

EDIT: I tried the demo on my side and it compiles fine. What version of Keil are you using ?

/Romain